- New Weapon Power-Up: The Thunderbuss.
- Added Steam Achievements.
- Added default controls for Steam Controller when in Big Picture Mode.
- Steam nicknames are now displayed in Online play when connected to Steam instead of character names. These names should appear on the Lobby screen and the in-game HUD during Online gameplay.
- Added “Armed Respawn” Match customization option. Players won’t be able to fire their weapon until their invincibility has ended upon respawning. “Unarmed” messaging will display if a Player tries to fire while invincible.
- Added pulsing visual effect to Power-ups.
- Messaging on Player Join screen changed. Title bar now shows match type & stage, with secondary messaging moved to bottom in both Local & Online play.
- Voting to start a Match from the Match Lobby screen added.
- Added Tint parameter to background tile layers to provide more contrast with platform tile layer.
- Added dust cloud particle effect when debris bounces.
- Camera takes a little bit longer before it starts zooming into/away from the Players.
- Renderer now supports non-power of 2 sprites & textures. This should decrease VRAM usage.
- Customize Gameplay menu reworked to organize and more clearly label customization options.
- Optimized explosion & debris effects.
- Online play Region names on the Options screen are now more descriptive.
- Rearranged Online play Regions to alphabetical order.
- Message when disconnecting from the Room List changed to “Disconnecting…” from “Leaving Room…”.
- “Grandpa’s TV” option changed to “Vignette” on the Option menu, and film grain shader has been removed (for now).
- Online play Region is now set when connecting to the Name Server instead of waiting for a connection to a regional Master Server. This should speed up the connection process.
- Players cannot back out of a Match from the Match Lobby if there is less than 5 seconds before a Match starts.
- Players can no longer back out of Quickplay while it’s searching for/creating a Match.
- Match Countdown in Match Lobby increased to 15 seconds.
- When in windowed mode, the window will attempt to lock to the correct aspect ratio (16:9)
- Platform collisions changed from tile-based to object-based, decreasing necessary collision checks dramatically.
- New animation for Pulse projectile to make it more visible.
- New animation for Pistol projectile to make it more visible.
- Online Players are now segmented based on their app version number to avoid compatibility errors.
- Game no longer pauses/mutes when clicking outside of the game window when in Windowed mode.
- Steam Link streaming should now work properly and not display a black screen when in some areas of the GUI.
- Updated Southern Ruins tileset to eliminate a few 1 pixel seams between some tiles.
- Messaging for Weapons switching back to their default at the end of a round/match should no longer display.
- One of the sprites related to explosions wasn’t appearing. Now it is.
- Drop shadow on text will adjust to the correct size when switching between full screen and windowed.
- “Continue” option no longer available on the Room List if no Rooms are available.
- Changed location of fall killbox in Clampett’s Hideaway to eliminate invisible platform issue.
Coming Next Week:
- New Arena: Monasterio de los Muertos.