SUPER EXTRA ULTRA IMPORTANT INFO FOR ONLINE PLAY
Online play is currently a little precarious if you switch between menus (say, leave a room then try to view the room list) if you go through the menus too quickly – interstitials are needed while the Player client leaves a room & disconnects. If you hang on trying to retrieve the room list in this scenario (or any other, like quickplay) open the console and type “connect” and you’ll connect to the server. Only P1 can current start the next round, or replay a match (this will change) though any Player should be able to leave the Match at any time (it currently leaves behind their Player sprite, but the Player can’t be shot. This will be fixed asap).
- Online play is working again.
- Keyboard/mouse play is working. Use mouse to aim & shoot, space = jump/a button, ctrl = x, esc = y. In Local play, the keyboard will auto-switch to whatever Player doesn’t have a gamepad assigned based gamepad count. So if there are 2 gamepads, Player 3 is controlled with the keyboard. In Online play, to use keyboard controls the Player must have no gamepads plugged in and the keyboard will always control the local Player regardless of Player count.
- Character maps synced in Online play – characters should now show the correct Player character.
- If no Matches are found when a Player chooses Quickplay, they will now receive a message that says “Creating New Match” before the game creates one.
- Countdown timer between rounds in Online play (no visual yet, but a tick sound should play as it counts down, then starts the next round).
- When the Player returns to the Main menu, any Custom Match settings will revert to their default value.
- Added available translation text.
- Removed delay on Main menu interaction – Players can now navigate the menus before the logo animation is complete.
- Revised Custom Match settings menu.
- Revised Join Match room list menu.
- Rounded off randomness in Powerup spawn time to two decimal places.
- Character maps are synced when Players join a Match.
- Rewrote ladder movement. It should now function properly in Local & Online play.
- Customized values now properly reset when the Player had previously set a Custom gameplay mode.
- Keyboard/mouse control is not fully working in Online play – jumping & climbing ladders need to be revised.
- CTF is not spawning Bases properly in Online play.
- Some SFX aren’t triggering on Peers in online play. If you notice this, please file a bug which lists them.
- Some particle effects aren’t triggering on Peers in online play.
- Character maps aren’t synced when a Player first joins a Room with other Players in it.
- Join menu buttons appear behind “Ready!” message in online play if Players are set to ready when another Player joins.
MULTIPLAYER FUNCTIONALITY COMPLETION
Items surrounded by a bubble have been synced in Online play. Items in YELLOW are synced but need testing. Items in BLUE should be solid but should still be tested. Items in GREEN are tested and confirmed complete. Items in GREY do NOT require sync, but it may be added if there’s time.