- Added lz-string data compression to Player movement & weapon fire sync data, as well as some larger data sends in Online play. This reduces sync data size by ~50-85% and should help reduce player warping because data can be sent/received faster. Compression/decompression doesn’t seem to be adding any measurable amount of time to send or receive & process data, showing around a 2ms variance (1/8 1 frame).
- Idol & Powerup pickups now assigned only by the Master Peer to prevent double-triggering.
- Swapped “Create Match” & “Join Match” positions in the Online play menu.
- Loot drops send significantly less data in Online play, and angle is computed locally on each Peer.
- All bills in a Loot drop are assigned the same value.
- Spamming/releasing the Jump triggers/buttons should no longer send additional data in Online play, preventing unnecessary warping.
- Changed Projectile data send to reliable to eliminate issues where sometimes Players would be hit by a Projectile they couldn’t see on their local Peer.
- Online play now requires at least two Players to start a Match. I haven’t done it in Local play because I’m thinking someone might just want to jump around and practice.
- If a Player force-quits on the Room join screen, their Player should be removed.
- If a Player force-quits during a Match, their Player should be removed.
- Mouse cursor shouldn’t appear in Online play unless the Player is using mouse/keyboard controls.
- Player position no longer gets locked on Stage or Match restart if the Player is on a ladder at the end of a Round or Match.
- Music plays correctly during a Match and after a Match has been played.
- Player can no longer spam the Join button on the Join Room menu.
- Quickplay should work correctly.
- Quickplay now shows a “Checking Connection…” message when it begins checking the user’s connection to the Online play server.
- Quickplay now shows if a Room has been found or if a new Room is being created.
- Player GUI status when joining a room should be correct for all Players in Online play – if a Player has confirmed joining the Match, the “Ready!” GUI will show.
- Loot drops now trigger a reduction in Player score on all Peers.
- Keyboard/mouse control is not working in Online play – jumping & climbing ladders need to be revised.
- Some particle effects aren’t triggering on Peers in online play.
- Delete your settings.xml file between play sessions. The issue causing this should be fixed in the next build.
MULTIPLAYER FUNCTIONALITY COMPLETION
Items surrounded by a bubble have been synced in Online play. Items in YELLOW are synced but need testing. Items in BLUE are confirmed working but require further testing. Items in GREEN are tested and confirmed complete. Items in GREY do NOT require sync, but it may be added if there’s time.