- A Tie/Draw check is now done for both Rounds & Matches. Currently if Players are tied with their Round wins at the end of the Match, no Match winner is found – the tiebreaker/showdown mechanics don’t exist yet, I’m still thinking through what those mechanics should be. This change involved touching all of the code related to scoring, to reduce a lot of duplicate functionality and to make the new functionality related to Ties/Draws cleaner to implement/manage. These changes can be tested independent of the tiebreaker mechanics, and because so many systems were touched they can/should be tested prior to tiebreaker mechanic completion – any bugs may result in those mechanics failing. Below is a list of systems that were touched and need re-testing, both locally & online.
- Player Scoring HUD updates in all gameplay modes:
- LOOT: Loot pickup
- LOOT: Cash Drop pickup
- DEATHMATCH: Death by projectile/ricochet/explosion/stage hazard
- CTFLAG: Flag capture
- BANDITOS: Idol time
- Declaring Round Winner, including display on HUD
- Declaring no Round Winner, including display on HUD
- Declaring Round Draw, including display on HUD
- Declaring Match Winner, including display on HUD
- Declaring no Match Winner, including display on HUD
- Declaring Match Draw, including display on HUD (currently same as no Match Winner)
- Minimum Round Length lowered to 15.
- When selecting the Random gameplay style, customization options for every gameplay mode are shown.
- Added another particle effect to explosions